Monday 3 June 2019

Where have you been Jon????

...and why no recent posts....

I haven't posted much for awhile as I have been out of commission as I was recovering from cancer treatment.  I am hopefully past the worst of my ailment now so have started out going out for some short tramping trips to once again regain my fitness. 

Contemplating a crossing of the new course of the Hawdon River

To that end I recently visited Godley Head on the Port Hills to walk the Godley Head Loop Track. I also made an aborted attempt to visit Hawdon Hut after some recent storms but was thwarted by high river levels. 

Me visiting the Godley Head defense installation recently...

 I will be walking some Te Araroa Trail sections this year (2019/2020) most probably in the South Island.

I have plans for some other multi-day trips for later this year including hopefully a trip to Rakuira/Stewart Island, the Routeburn Great Walk and more adventures in Abel Tasman and Nelson Lakes National Parks.

Totaranui Beach, Abel Tasman Coastal Track


I am also trying to advance my project to tramp all of the tracks in Arthur's Pass NP as I have set up a new blog specifically about that park.

I hope I see some of you TA trekkers out on the trail...Chur Bro!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment