Wednesday 16 March 2016

My TaT over the 2015-2016 Season

I had various plans for walking a number of TaT sections over the summer, unfortunately the lousy weather this year has put paid to most of them. In particular I was forced to cancel my Harpers Pass trip as a big storm rolled in and I've had to put off two attempts on the Mingha-Deception Route for similar reasons.

Not wanting the 2015-2016 Summer to be a total wash out I decided to do a cheeky tramp of the first section of the TaT in the South Island, the Queen Charlotte Walkway.

With that in mind, I give you my section hike of the Queen Charlotte Track...

Jon on the QCT, March 2016
NB: I'm still hoping to get in a tramp of the TaT section between Arthurs Pass and the Rakaia before winter but it is totally reliant on the weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment